I was Diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme 19 Years Ago


Nineteen Years ago, Yacobus Fitriyadi Kusdinata was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme. He feels strongly that the best medication for him was not chemotherapy nor radiotherapy but exercise.

“It has been over 19 years since my diagnosis. I feel great, I am healthy, I don’t take any medication, I just jog 15 km three times weekly”. – Yacobus Fitriyadi Kusdinata

What a wonderful testimony. I am so glad Yacobus has been able to live his life far past the time he was given in 2002. It is so important that every person is an individual and we must not be swayed by statistics.

Here is Yacobus’s Glioblastoma Multiforme story

When were you diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme?

In 2002 I was 24 years old and living in Sydney, Australia. I have always been very fit and active at the gym. In early October 2002, while having a session at the gym, I felt very nauseous and was vomiting. I thought it was just a nasty cold.

After that moment, things went downhill. Every time I ate something, I would feel sick. I was disorientated and forgetful. I felt stupid.

I started having epileptic seizures. I went to a hospital in Melbourne, where I was diagnosed with a glioblastoma multiforme in my left frontal lobe.

I was 24 years old, living in Australia, but my family live in Indonesia; that is where my family are originally from, Indonesia, so I was alone.

Glioblastoma Multiforme Treatment

After I fell ill, I was booked in for a craniotomy and then radiotherapy at a hospital in Singapore. I was given chemotherapy. It was called Temodal.


I returned to Indonesia, which is where my family are originated from. I needed my family to help me with my recovery. I stopped the Temodal chemo pills in 2004. I didn’t tell my doctor, but I felt God was in control of my life, and I did not want to take the medication.

It was so hard for me to get a job after my surgery. Companies shun anyone with such medical history. I also couldn’t get any private insurance protection.

I’m sure I got this tumour from spending too much time making calls using a handphone or mobile phone. I refuse to name any brand as I do not want any legal backlash.

I returned to Indonesia. Now I trade US stocks to earn my living. Physically I feel great, I am healthy, I don’t take any medication, I jog 15 km three times weekly, and I keep fit in the gym.



View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Claire Bullimore (@braintumoraunty)

Any advice for people or loved ones that get daunting diagnoses?

HOPE! Is all you need!


HOPE! Is all you need!

Two years after my diagnosis, I attended a Christian crusade by a Korean pastor called Lee Cho Suk. He laid his hand on my head, and I believed I was healed. I believe in Jesus now. Every day in my life, I appreciate the miraculous healing I received.

I attend church now, and I am a happier person. I finally came to terms with what happened to my life.

A scripture that is in my heart is,

“Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails” – Proverbs 19:21


I was diagnosed with a Glioblastoma Multiforme 19 Years Ago, I am feeling fantastic and grateful


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.